Dear Prairie Families,
I am writing to provide you with a few personnel updates. Cindy Kamm has decided not join the faculty as our 7-12 grade Learning Specialist and I am excited to share that Debby Goyette, our current Learning Specialist since 2009, has postponed her retirement plans and will return this fall. Mrs. Goyette’s exceptional skills and attention to detail are great assets for our school and we are delighted that she is staying on board.
This spring I shared with you that Pat Badger is retiring from full-time teaching and moving to a new advisory role. In combination with Andrew Siersyzn’s departure I am pleased to announce that our national search has resulted in three new additions to the Performing Arts Department:
Jamie Breiwick – Instrumental Music
- Band Director at Maple Dale School, Fox Point, WI since 2002
- Jazz Trumpet Instructor at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- 2014 National Grammy Music Educator Award Semi-Finalist
- Co-Founder of Milwaukee Jazz Vision, a nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing the development and growth of the jazz community in Milwaukee.
- Jamie performs nationally and regionally and you can follow him on twitter @jamiebreiwick
- B.S., Music Education – University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- M.S., Education – University of Wisconsin-La Crosse
Jacob (Jake) Bray – Technical Theatre Director
- Faculty member at Chicago’s High School for the Arts since 2011
- Lead Teacher/Technical Director – Musical Theatre Experience
- Guest Artist – University of Wisconsin-Parkside
- Jake previously served as the resident lighting designer at P.C.P.A. Theaterfest in Santa Maria, California. Other credits include the world premier opera Sundance for the Syracuse Society for New Music, the west coast premiere of The Bed for The Camino Real Playhouse, and the world premiere of Our Dog Skip for the Grand Central Arts Center.
- B.S., Theatre, Design & Production – California State University Fullerton
- M.F.A., Theatre Design – Brandeis University
Fletcher Paulsen – Vocal Music
- Recipient of the Gwendolyn Braun Schmiedeskamp & Hazel Bothe Memorial Scholarships at Carthage College
- Member of the National Association for Music Educators (NAfME) & American Choral Directors Association (ACDA)
- Carthage’s Director of Choral Activities Dr. Eduardo Garcia-Novelli describes Fletcher as “A natural leader with a radiant personality and engaging, contagious positive attitude.”
- B.M.E., Carthage College
In the Upper School, Physics teacher Mark Edwards will not be returning to Prairie in the fall. I am pleased to announce that Ms. Arooj Mukarram will be joining the science faculty.
- Teaching Assistant in Physics at UWM since 2010
- Responsible for updating curriculum, experiments and tutorials for Intro to Physics at UWM
- Former Faculty Member at Salam High School in Milwaukee
- Recipient of UWM Physics Graduate Student Foundation Award
- B.S., Physics & Math, Quaid-i-Azam University
- Graduate Certificate in Teaching & Learning, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- M.S., Physics, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
We continue to have openings in Athletics, the IT Department and the Advancement Office and it is my hope that I will be updating you before the school year begins with information about new professionals in each of these areas.
Nathaniel W. Coffman, Ed.D., Head of School