The Prairie School Fall Open House
For Students and Families Interested in PreK – 12th Grade
Sunday, October 23rd, 2016
12:00 – 3:00 p.m.
A well-rounded education instilling knowledge, confidence and compassion.
By exposing your child to an unmatched array of topics and ideas, by equipping them with the tools to think, question, reason and write, by allowing them to capitalize on amazing opportunities that help establish their own identity, Prairie helps every student become his or her best self.
Here, your son or daughter will be known, valued, supported and challenged as they travel their path to success.
During Fall Open House, you will experience the things setting Prairie, a nationally-recognized institution, apart from every other school in the region:
- See why a well-rounded Prairie education is key to life success
- Tour our beautiful campus while visiting classrooms, our Student Resource Center (SRC) and the Johnson Athletic Center (JAC)
- Meet Dr. Nat Coffman, Head of School, and Division Heads Kathy Boero, Primary School, Bonnie Benes, Middle School and Everett McKinney, Upper School
- Interact with master teachers to learn about the innovative methods they’re using in the classroom
- Talk with students about how they’re shaping their own Prairie experiences
- Learn how the countless opportunities afforded to students help them develop as scholars, artists, athletes and leaders
It might just be the most important field trip your family ever takes!
7th-10th Grade Placement Test
Saturday, October 29th
Average test lasts 2.5 hours
All students currently in grades 7-10 are invited to sit for our annual Placement Test. Pre-registration is required by Thursday, October 27th. To register, submit a completed Application for Admission (fee is waived) and a copy of the student’s most recent report card. Placement Test results are utilized to determine course readiness and participation in Prairie’s scholarship exam.
Parents are invited to stay on campus during the test for a faculty-student panel moderated by our Head of School, Dr. Nat Coffman. The discussion will help you learn more about how Prairie differentiates itself from every other school in the region.
Contact the Admission Office at (262)752-2525 or [email protected] to pre-register for the Placement Test.